District Goals 2018-2019
Every year, the Board of Education works with district staff to look at key areas of academics and operations to define SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely) goals that guide nearly everything we do for the following year-- budgeting, purchasing, facilities planning, curriculum writing, community outreach, partnerships, and staff training, to name a few. Progress on these goals is provided midway during the year and achievement levels at the end of each year.
1. Student Achievement: Informed by key data from across all five annual goals, district staff will continue to build programs that promote future readiness, integrate content and skills, and personalize learning for all students.
2. Budget: Develop a financial plan to support our educational program that considers current and future losses in funding with a focus on facilities improvement and alternative revenue sources.
3. Facilities: Improve energy efficiency through successful implementation of the cost-neutral ESIP plan approved in 2017-2018 and educate the public on priority projects captured in the Rebuilding Our Schools plan completed June 2018.
4. Technology: Pilot and implement programs that promote computational thinking and its applications in preparation to meet new state requirements by 2021; support a whole child approach and improved data analysis to make informed decisions.
5. Community: Increase partnerships and community participation to advocate for the continued growth of exceptional student programs in the face of anticipated state funding cuts.
Approved by the Toms River Regional Board of Education August 15, 2018
REPORT ON ACHIEVEMENT OF 2017-2018 DISTRICT GOALS