2012-2013 Budget Highlights
- With a 1.2% tax levy increase, we are more than $1million dollars
under the state-mandated 2% tax levy cap.
- Maintains funding for existing staff positions and programs.
- Funds are allocated within the budget to continue a multi-year plan to
replace/upgrade existing technology to meet technical requirements and
- Will continue to use cooperative bids for supply and material orders, which saves hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Continued use of 4-tier busing system, which saves significant dollars.
- Solar project is providing 11 new roofs with no out of pocket costs to the district, and annual electrical savings of $100k.
- We will continue to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of all positions and programs, and will make
changes or consolidations where practical and efficient to do so.
Point from 3/27/2012 Budget Hearing