Thousands of Toms River Regional Schools staff, students, and community members are rallying in Trenton Tuesday, March 5 to oppose state aid reductions of more than $80 million over the next six years as Governor Murphy delivers his annual budget address at 2PM. We'll be joined there by our Support Our Students (SOS) alliance, a cohort of 70+ affected school districts.
In support of the march, we are asking everyone who can to take to Twitter as part of a social media blitz.
- If you don't have a Twitter account, here's how to make one.
- Follow Toms River Regional Schools and the SOS coalition.
- Like and retweet other posts from Trenton and our community members
- Tweet your own message opposing the cuts and demanding a fair funding formula
- Add hashtags: #SOS #StopStateAidCuts #WeAreTRschools
- You can also include @NewJerseyDOE @GovMurphy @NJSenatePres @jimholzapfel @AndyKimNJ @DrLRepollet @WeAreTRschools @njdotcom @AsburyParkPress @TomsRiverPatch
Feel free to jump on our other platforms, Facebook and Instagram. We'll be posting and sharing from all district social media platforms throughout the day.
For additional information and instructions, click the link on the right titled "TRRS & SOS Social Media Blitz."