Three awards of $500.00 each will be given on behalf of the East Dover Elementary School PTO.
These awards are given in memory of Joan Auer Brice. Often referred to as Joanie by her friends, she was a devoted 5th grade teacher at East Dover Elementary School where she always went above and beyond for her students. She had a big heart and would do anything for anyone. She loved her family, her students, her friends, and her church. She was a diehard Yankees and Knicks fan. Joanie left this world on January 20, 2000 from injuries suffered in a car accident. She is loved and missed by everyone she touched.
The guidelines for these three scholarships are as follows:
1. The student must be an East Dover Elementary School graduate.
2. Grades, SAT scores, and class rank are considered.
3. Extra-curricular activities and community service are also considered.
4. One letter of recommendation from a current teacher is required.
5. A short essay about a teacher who influenced the student’s life or academic career while at East Dover is to be submitted with the application.
Kindly have the interested students return the application and attachments to you by Friday, April 21, 2017 and forward to me at East Dover Elementary School through interoffice mail.
Should you have any questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact Jennifer Burke, Scholarship Chairperson at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-575-1744.
Very truly yours,
EDE PTO President
Mar 16, 2017