HS East Media Center
A warm welcome is extended to all students, staff, and visitors. The Media Center is open weekdays from 6:30 am to 2:25 pm.
Our Media Center has a diverse collection of over 30,000 books, 1300 videotapes and DVDs, as well as magazine subscriptions. We also have 65 computers that provide access to the internet, online card catalogs, and online subscription databases. Before and after school, students do not need a pass to utilize the Media Center. From a class, study hall or cafeteria, students must get a pass from the teacher. Students must sign in on the appropriate clipboard and leave their pass in the box. Study hall and lunch students must stay for the remainder of the period.
Toms River High School East Media Center
1225 Raider Way
Toms River, NJ 08753
Media Center Information
- An extensive collection of print and non-print resources that includes over 30,000 books, 1300 videotapes and DVDs, as well as magazine subscriptions, 65 computers that provide access to the internet, online card catalogs, and online subscription databases.
- Featured displays for new books, features of the month, graphic novels, and books in Spanish.
- Career section for students.
- Professional section for staff and administrators
- Photocopy machine - 10 cents per page, free for library- related material.
- Lunch area students may choose to come to the Media Center during their lunch period to do their work. They may eat in the designated lunch area or may come after eating their lunch in the cafeteria. Quiet study areas and computers are available.
Students must use their ID card to check out books.
- Books may be checked out for 3 weeks with a one-time renewal.
- Reference books may be checked out overnight with a one-time renewal.
- Students may check out a maximum of 3 books at once.
- Late books will be charged an overdue fine of 5 cents per school-day per book.
- Reference books that are late will be charged an overdue fine of 25 cents per school-day per book
- Students will be charged for lost books at their replacement cost.
- Students will be charged for damaged books beyond ordinary wear and tear on an individual basis.
- Magazines are available for use in the media center only.
- The Media Center has 65 computers that provide access to the internet, online card catalogs, and online subscription databases.
- Computer usage is for educational purposes only. No games or personal communication allowed. See the Student Acceptable Use Policy for more information.
- No food or drinks at the computer.
- Teacher Eboards may be accessed using a password given by the individual teacher.
- Students may use computers to access search engines and websites for homework or research needs, as well as for Power Point creation.
- Our online card catalog is available to help students search for materials. Students may use a link to search the Ocean County Library card catalog as well.
There are numerous online resources available to students for their research needs. The Media Center subscribes to several online databases which may be accessed with required usernames and passwords available from the Media Center staff. Some online subscription databases are accessible from home as well. There are also several websites listed to help students in the areas of career, citation, reference, research, and SAT preparation.
Toms River Regional Schools is not responsible for content on external sites or servers.