PDF documents require the
Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Download it now for free!
Summer Hours: Monday - Wednesday 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Parents new to Toms River Regional Schools or those returning to any of the schools in
our district must register their children at our Central Registration Office. We are located at 54 Washington Street in downtown Toms River, across from Town Hall. The staff at our office will be able to answer most questions regarding the schools as well as provide information regarding necessary paperwork needed for registration. It is not necessary to bring your child. You need only bring the required documents.
Quick Reference Checklist for Registration
- Proof of Residency (See
detailed information in the registration packet.)
Birth Certificate (Original from the Bureau of Vital
Statistics with Raised Seal)
- Health Records (Immunizations and required physical examinations)
- Transfer Card or proof of withdrawal from
prior school (Not required for new
Proof of Residency
- If you and your child are residents of Toms River, Beachwood, Pine Beach, or South Toms River, you must provide four (4) documents for verification of residency as detailed in the Application for Registration- Proof of Residency Checklist. You will not be able to register without these documents in hand on registration day.
- If you are not a resident of Toms River, Beachwood, Pine Beach, or South Toms River, but are legally domiciled with your child in the home of a resident, the resident must provide four (4) documents for verification of residency as detailed in the Application for Registration- Proof of Residency Checklist AND the parent or guardian must provide two (2) documents for verification of residency as detailed Application for Registration- Admission of Domiciled Student Checklist.
- If you, the parent, are not a resident of Toms River, Beachwood, Pine Beach, or South Toms River; are not domiciled in Toms River, Beachwood, Pine Beach, or South Toms River; but a Toms River resident is the legal guardian of your child, the resident/guardian must provide four (4) documents for verification of residency as detailed in the Application for Registration- Proof of Residency Checklist AND the Affidavit of Resident Custodian; AND the parent must submit the Affidavit of Non-Resident Parent.
Please be advised that in addition to the Department of Education Regulations N.J.A.C. 6A:22 prohibiting such conduct, New Jersey State Law, specifically N.J.S.A. 18A:38-1(c), provides that any person who fraudulently allows a child or another person to use his/her residence for school admission purposes is guilty of a Disorderly Persons Offense punishable under the New Jersey Criminal Code.
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM
State statute 18A:40-4 requires that all students have a physical examination by a physician. Your physician will complete this form upon the conclusion of your child's physical. You may still register if your child has not yet had a physical, but the completed physical examination report must be signed by the physician and submitted to the school prior to starting school.
- HEALTH OFFICE NEW ENTRANT QUESTIONNAIRE
This form is to be completed by the parent for all new students entering Toms River Regional Schools, including issues like health concerns, disabilities and insurance.
- IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
Provides a listing of the vaccinations your child requires prior to starting school.
- IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
Bring a copy of your child's immunization records showing the dates of Primary Series and booster doses. N.J.S.S.C. Chapter 14 requires that immunizations be complete and up-to-date or the student may be excluded from school.
Proof of Parent Identity
A driver's license or photo passport for the registering parent.
Proof of Child's Age
An original birth certificate with a raised seal for the child you are registering.
Your child must have reached the age of 5 on or before October 1, 2016 for kindergarten.
Court Orders, Settlement Agreements, etc. (if applicable)
This requirement only applies in situations regarding parental rights, limitations due to divorce or separation.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Program Survey (if applicable)
Fill this out only if a language other than English is the primary language spoken at home.
Other Optional Forms:
** You will need to submit a written request and both a letter from the babysitter stating
their intent to act in this role as well as a current utility bill documenting the sitter's residency
Re-approval is required annually.
Debra McKenna, Assistant Superintendent of Schools
1144 Hooper Ave
Toms River NJ 08753
Directions to the Central
54 Washington Street
Toms River, New Jersey 08753
(across from Town Hall)
- From Rt. 166 (Route 9) North:
Proceed south on Rt. 166, crossing over Rt. 37 and
proceed to downtown Toms River. Make a left on Washington
Street. There is metered parking along Washington Street or
you can turn right on Robbins Street and park in the
municipal lot on your left.
- From Rt. 9 South:
Proceed north to downtown Toms River. Make a right on
Washington Street. There is metered parking along Washington
Street or you can turn right on Robbins Street and park in
the municipal lot on your left.
- From Hooper Avenue:
Proceed south on Hooper Avenue to downtown Toms River.
Make a right on Washington Street. There is metered parking
along Washington Street or you can turn left on Robbins
Street and park in the municipal lot on your left.
- Directions to the Schools
(from the Central Registration