District Goals 2020-2021
Each year, district leaders craft challenging goals based on the progress of the previous years’ goals, achievement data, feedback from stakeholders, and a consideration of government mandates, local and societal needs, and relevant research. Our goals must be general enough to encompass and guide all other curricular and building goals, yet specific enough to be measurable and achievable. The district goals then form the basis for building goals, which in turn inform department, administrator, and teacher goals and professional development plans. Progress on these goals is reported mid-year and at the end of the school year.
1. Student Achievement: Identify and minimize learning gaps and address the academic and social emotional learning needs of all students resulting from closure of schools during the 2019-20 school year, through the implementation of effective and targeted instructional strategies and a systematic tiered intervention approach to instruction. Evaluation of this goal will be conducted through the administration of district-wide common assessments.
2. Budget: Continue legislative, legal and advocacy efforts to address the ongoing loss of state aid, while developing financial plans, including any potential revenue shortfalls that need to be addressed on an emergent basis, so that we can provide a thorough and efficient education for our students.
3. Facilities: Modify classroom and office spaces to reduce social contact following health guidelines. Continue working with project managers to complete referendum projects within timetables of the project contract and allocate facilities staff to address other deficiencies and continue to build preventative maintenance plans for our buildings.
4. Technology: Ensure equitable access to technology resources for all students and integrate technology into daily instructional practices, allowing students to safely access information remotely or in person to enhance differentiation , promote career learning and foster computational thinking at all levels.
5. Community and Communications: Continue to foster positive relationships with community organizations and grant partners, focusing efforts on enhancing digital literacy and family engagement through access to digital resources, learning opportunities and various modes of communication. Articulate district progress toward goal achievement through online and printed publications. Increase authentic Career and Technical Education learning opportunities (CTE) for students to interact with local and regional individuals and organizations to promote diverse aspirations and expand career awareness across all grade levels.
Approved at the BOE Meeting Aug. 19, 2020
REPORT ON ACHIEVEMENT OF 2018-2019 DISTRICT GOALS